Week 11
-Would you let your son/daughter takes classes from FLVS? Explain your rationale.
I think I would not allow my son/daughter takes classes from FLVS. The first reason is that that all of the courses offered in FLVS are approved by NCAA. The second reason is that the courses are constructed for individual experience that it did not provide enough opportunities for students to interact with each other during the class to promote cooperation study because only giving collaborative assignment is not really sufficient, for authentic learning only takes places when students can discus, debate, and exchange their ideas with others and teachers.
-What circumstances would you let your son/daughter go to high school full time online? Explain your rationale.
The only circumstances that I would let my son/daughter go to high school full time online are if my child cannot go to physically schools due to his/her physical condition. For example, if my child is suffered from cancer that he needs to stay in the special care room 24 hours a day, I will allow my child to take some of the online courses. Other than that, I will choose physical schools over online schools like FLVS.
-What methods/activities would you use to try and influence student behavior and perception of copyright laws?
As the article suggested that in often times it is unlikely we are going to be called for litigation when we are at school, but incidents with severe consequence do occur. Thus I would choose to teach copyright laws by using real examples of law suit on copyright case. First, it warmed students by showing the seriousness of the issue and damage it caused if they choose to completely ignore the rights of others. Then I would like to guild the students to analyze on what ground the case was deemed as violation of copyright (i.e. motivation, profit/nonprofit intention) Last but not least, I will have students to come up with solutions that can help them prevent the incidents happening at the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment